Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Revelation

So I am slowly but surely making my way through the book and it hasn't gotten on the political bent that I anticipated from the start. I do think it is working its way there though. I am on page 153 or so and getting into the part where he talks about the book of Revelation.

Is it just me or are you really upset about what you were taught as a child in regards to this book?

I avoided the book when I was little because it scared me so bad, but if his interpretation is correct it was all for naught. I'm not happy about this.

-LD

3 comments:

Nate said...

For sure dude. I read a book a little while ago on Revelation. She said basically the same thing. I'm not really sure who to believe but this explanation sure does make a lot more sense than reading into numbers, sayings, etc... to figure out the end of the world.

I remember as a kid thinking that if Bill Clinton won the presidency, it could be the end of the world. Do the powers that be in that field of thought realize how they traumatize children?

And as far as getting more political goes, keep reading. It get's pretty intense.

LD said...

See and I guess to some extent the message kept me from being a bad kid, maybe scared me into Christianity, but I know that I want to present the message differently to my children.

Nate said...

yeah, it scared me a little too. I always thought of God as this vengeful figure that wanted to set the world on fire. I used to get scared when it was cloudy cuz I thought that mean Jesus was coming.

End times books and movies didn't help either. Every political figure that rose up, I thought could be the anti-christ.